Ontario is on a mission to improve the supports for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families by connecting them to the closest available resources.
The supports include:
- Recruiting a larger Developmental Services Ontario staff who will be prepared to assist regularly
- Partnering with the Ontario Disability Employment Network to increase employment opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Expand family support networks that will offer families the necessary support and attention
- Increase the access to clinical professionals by offering at home visits for individuals with dual or complex diagnosis
- Executing a stronger Adult Protective Service Worker program that functions to assist individuals with day to day needs
These supports will enable individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to access the appropriate services in order to meet all their needs.