All current seeking positions are listed below. If interested please submit your resumé and cover letter by email to Qaisar Alam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job position as the subject line.
Physical Education Instructor
Moeen Centre is recruiting a fitness instructor to assist and deliver their skills to the lives of physically and mentally disabled youth across the GTA for the KICKstart Program. The program will be held from September 11th 2017 to March 26th 2018, twice a week and 3 hours each day.
- is between 19 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- at least one year of experience in working with youth, particularly in physical education
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has beenconferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation andregulations
- Foreign students are not eligible.
- Form a schedule prior to the day of the session
- Brainstorm physical activities prior to the day of the session.
- Have at least one year of experience in teaching Physical Education
- Assist and engage with volunteers
- Come up with sport games and activities which are in accordance to the abilities ofdevelopmentally/physically disabled youth
- Be energetic, enthusiastic, and engage with the youth and volunteers
KICKstart Program Co-ordinator
This Position encompasses the primary functions of program planning, marketing, communicating with authorities, co-workers and clients, crises management, administrative and clerical duties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively for client service as well as with community agencies, funders and public in team environment.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks without being reminded
- Ability to resolve any matters whether it is regarding the fitness instructors, parents, board members, or clients
- Excellent computer skills
- Canadian citizen and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- participates in program planning and is able to handle the entire program independently
- Must recruit student volunteers for the program along with developing different ways to advertise and market the program
- Communicates with board members before making final decisions and follows procedures according to Agency and Funders’ guidelines
- Consults with board members to come up with activities for the sessions
- In charge of communicating with parents regardless of the topic of discussion
- Must overlook and lead the program fitness instructors and keep check of their weekly reports along with final report
- Administrative duties as required at the Centre