All current seeking positions are listed below. If interested please submit your resumé and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job position as the subject line.
P.S.W / CO-ORDINATOR
Full time – Permanent Position
Moeen Centre is recruiting P.S.W / CO-ORDINATOR for the physically and mentally disabled young adults we serve at the centre.
The position encompasses the primary functions of client supervision, support, training, teaching, and security, crises management, administrative and clerical duties.
- Participates in ongoing program planning, development which includes teaching and supervision of clients in their daily routine and training, teaching and overall plan of care
- Follow security/ communication procedures according to Agency and Funders’ guidelines including monitoring and testing of in-house systems, property, and client security checks
- Maintain in-house communication standards
- Maintain all logs as per Agency and Funders’ standards
- To control and dispense medication as per Agency and Finders’ guidelines
- Administrative duties as required
- Counseling and administrative skills acquired through post-secondary diploma and minimum one-year work related experience
- Experience working with physically disabled and developmentally intellectual teens
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with client services as well as with community agencies, funders, and the public in a team environment
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently and take initiative as required
- Teaching skills with the ability to instruct and delegate to others clearly with appropriate follow-up
- Ability to work with diverse clients and advocate on their behalf when necessary
- Excellent computer skills
- First Aid and CPR certificate as per program requirements
- A driver’s license is an asset
- Certificate of TB test and police check is required upon appointment
- Eligible for a wage subsidy
- Short commuting from the Kennedy and Eglinton Ave E.
*Only people selected for an interview will be contacted